Reliable Automotive Repair Work
Get your vehicle back in working order by bringing it to Smith Muffler for effective repair services at honest and competitive pricing. We aspire for the best in quality and customer service for every guest to our shop using genuine OEM and aftermarket parts from top brands, for single repairs or full fleet support. Our ASE Certified technicians have years of experience, state-of-the-art tools and premier diagnostic technologies, our work is done right the first time.
With nearly 100 years of automotive expertise, we know how to fix that!
YES we do Diesel! - Our factory-certified diesel mechanics are trained to diagnose the problem and fix it - Class 8 trucks, medium duty trucks, vans, buses and RVs, even heavy construction equipment - if you need diesel engine repairs, consider it done.
Full Range of Services
- Clutch repair - as the link between the engine and transmission, the clutch is responsible for transferring the engine's torque to the road. We can shift gears and get your clutch replaced or repaired
- Carburetors - the proper mix of air and fuel determines the performance of your car, let's us check your carburetor, should it be rebuilt, replaced or will a simple repair make the difference
- Tune-Up - how often an engine tune-up is needed, service requirements vary from vehicle to vehicle, and can also vary based on vehicle mileage and age. Checking spark plugs, wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, fuel injector, PVC valve, points, condenser, engine timing and idle - ZOOM, ZOOM
- Alternators - the alternator generates energy for the electrical system and charges the battery, are your lights dimming, gauges suddenly not working, or are you hearing a screeching, whining noise - let us take a look it is better than the alternative
- Radiators - these are designed to transfer heat from the engine via the coolant that flows through it, if your auto is steaming and your temperature light is on, could be the radiator
- Drive shafts - a common symptom of a failing driveshaft is an intense shaking coming from underneath the vehicle, difficulty turning, an annoying squeaking noise and/or a clicking or clunking sound
- Rear ends - mechanic’s shorthand for the differential, essentially a complex box of gears that allows the wheels to turn at different speeds when you take turns, having this go out causes your rear tires to drag
- Starters - this is the "switch" that makes your car go. Are you turning the key and nothing happens, are you hearing only a click, click, click sound when you try to start your car? Let's start with the starter
- A/C Repair - we repair, service, replacement, recharge, compressor and more for entire automotive HVAC systems heating, cooling and air exhaust filters
- Visit our Frequently Asked Questions page for quick resolutions to many of your inquiries
Years Of Expertise
Our family owned and operated repair shop prides itself on offering you the very best in customer service. For nearly one hundred years we've been servicing Northern Kentucky and Cincinnati. Now in our fourth generation the shop is as friendly as it was when our great-grandfather ran the business. We pride ourselves on the quality of service we provide for you. We are family and want to be your family auto repair center.